Transportation Insurance Information
Business transportation insurance policies may be appropriate for a wide variety of companies responsible for emergency and non-emergency transportation. Depending on the nature of your operation, you may need bus insurance, car transport insurance, commercial transportation insurance or ambulance insurance coverage.
Count on the insurance experts at HIS Insurance & Services in Winchester, Virginia, to help you build an insurance plan to help protect your transportation company.
What Is Business Transportation Insurance?
Several items should be covered by insurance while running a transportation company. Some things to consider covering are:
- Physical damage to your company’s property, whether due to an accident, theft or vandalism, or a natural disaster
- Damage to the cargo you transport due to equipment failure, theft or an accident
- Your workers, drivers and potential passengers
- Your company’s liability for third-party bodily injury and property damage
Your agent can help you customize your transportation company’s insurance policies. We may recommend that you purchase the following coverage:
- General liability insurance helps protect your company against injury or property damage claims made by a third party.
- Commercial auto insurance helps protect your transportation company from the negative financial effects of an at-fault accident. It may also help ensure your company’s property.
- Property insurance helps cover damage to your company’s physical property, including your offices and inventory.
- Cyber risk liability insurance helps cover theft or loss of your customers’ sensitive data.
- Employment practices liability insurance helps cover the costs of a harassment claim brought against your company or one of your workers.
- Workers’ compensation insurance helps provide financial support and may cover medical bills if one of your employees is injured or becomes ill in a work-related incident.
What Is Non-Emergency Transportation Insurance?
Non-emergency transportation (NEMT) companies face unique risks. They are responsible for moving and maintaining expensive equipment needed to securely and safely transport passengers with varying medical needs. Workers’ compensation insurance is a must for NEMT companies, as their workers may be at a greater risk of injury during the course of everyday business.
Your NEMT insurance plan may include property insurance, general liability, professional liability, commercial auto, workers’ compensation, and other policies to customize your coverage further.
Your agent can help you assess the risks faced by your NEMT company and get appropriate insurance coverage.
How Much Is Transportation Insurance?
Your insurance policy premiums depend on data about your company, your claims history and your policies. Talk with your agent to better understand how your history and your choices may affect your business transportation insurance costs.
Contact HIS Insurance & Services today to learn more about your insurance options and get the right coverage for your transportation company.