SR22 Auto Insurance Quotes for Strasburg, VA
HIS Insurance and Service is here to help motorists in the Strasburg, VA, area with SR22 insurance. If you’ve been required to file an SR22 in the State of Virginia, then you’ll want to take care of it right away. Our insurance experts can make the process go smoother for you, saving you the headache of dealing with it.
Who Is Required to File for SR22?
The main thing you should know about SR22 insurance is that it actually isn’t insurance at all. An SR22 form is something your insurance company fills out and files to prove to the state that you have insurance. What does it mean to file an SR22? For motorists in Strasburg, the State of Virginia will require you to file an SR22 when you have not followed the rules of the road. There are several kinds of driving violations that will make you fill out an SR22. These include:
- Driving under the influence
- Racking up multiple violations within a few years
- Injuring someone when you’re found at-fault
- Not having auto insurance
- Driving with a suspended license
An SR22 is only needed if a judge requires you to get one. If you find yourself having to file for an SR22 in Strasburg, VA, then HIS Insurance and Service is here to help. Drivers in the Strasburg, VA, region who are already insured with HIS Insurance and Service and need an SR22 can add it to their existing policy. However, if you are an uninsured driver and need an SR22, you can still give us a call. We will appraise you for an auto insurance policy and the SR22.
The SR22 is designed to help those who need to get their license or registration reinstated. The court or the State of Virginia will inform you if you need an SR22, so there will be no confusion whether you need one or not. When you’re notified, you’ll be informed on why an SR22 is required, the insurance requirements for it and how long you need it.
Remember that SR22s are not a permanent thing. The state will mandate the duration of your SR22. Once you have completed the required time, you can remove the SR22 from your file.
There are three types of SR22 insurance available, and they are:
- Operator – The Operator’s Certificate is for those who do not own their own vehicle, but rather borrow or rent one instead. This is commonly used with a non-owner auto insurance policy.
- Owner – The Owner’s Certificate is for driver who do own and operate their own vehicle.
- Owner/Operator – This combination is for a motorist who does own and drive their own vehicle, but also drives a vehicle that they borrow or rent on occasion.
Every state has its own requirements when it comes to SR22 forms and they are all subject to change. This is where an expert insurance agent can help. At HIS Insurance and Services, we understand what the requirements are for the State of Virginia. In fact, when you call us to request an SR22, we’ll do all the filing for you.
When you’re in need of an SR22, don’t hesitate to call HIS Insurance and Service. Filing for the SR22 may seem complicated, but with our help, it will be a smooth process. Call us now at 800-240-3654.