Insurance Coverage for Your Possessions in Woodstock
There is more to your home than just your tangible items. Inside every house is a treasure trove of precious and nostalgic items. Personal property insurance guards your favorite possessions in cases of natural disaster or theft. Property insurance is a great way to guard your items, but we recommend holding onto documentation of your own. It’s wise to snap pictures and save records from the valuables you would also like insured. There are two specialized ways that coverage can help you if your property or expensive items are stolen or broken:
- Established cash value: Belongings are typically covered at market value, which essentially means replacement cost minus reduction.
- Replacement cost coverage: Your insured personal items will be protected for what it would cost to acquire the items new at the time of the claim.
Personal property coverage is generally restricted to 70 or 80 percent of the sum of the policy. Unscheduled property is covered up to the policy maximum set for personal property destruction and scheduled property is set at sub-limit quantities of coverage.
What Personal Property is Covered?
With personal property coverage from HIS Insurance, you can protect the ensuing items:
- Funishings and appliances
- TVs, laptops and other electronics
- Clothing, linen and other fabrics
- Silverware and cookware
- Watches, jewelry and other valuables
- Memorabilia and fine art
Personal property policies do not cover the following things:
- Any animals
- Automobiles, recreational vehicles and trucks
- The personal property of your renter if you’re the property owner
- The personal property of your landholder if you’re a tenant
Personal Property Insurance Protects Against
Most personal property policies guard against most of the same disasters. These are the most commonly seen:
- Damage from accidental smoke
- Gusts, hurricane and hail
- Aircraft or vehicles
- Vandalism and mischief
- Riot and civil unrest
- Building collapse
- Accidental water or steam seepage from appliances, plumbing systems and air conditioners
- Falling objects
- Frozen household appliances
Areas We Serve
Talk to HIS Insurance Today
Keep your valuable items safe with personal property insurance from HIS Insurance. You can call us today to receive a free quote!
We have many clients througout Winchester VA, Harrisonburg VA, Front Royal VA, Stephens City VA, Berryville VA, Woodstock VA, Warrenton VA, Leesburg, VA, and the Surrounding arreas.
For affordable insurance policies in Northern Virginia, whtether it's auto, home or business, contact HIS Insurance.