Insurance Coverage for Your Possessions in Woodstock
- Established cash value: Belongings are typically covered at market value, which essentially means replacement cost minus reduction.
- Replacement cost coverage: Your insured personal items will be protected for what it would cost to acquire the items new at the time of the claim.
Personal property coverage is generally restricted to 70 or 80 percent of the sum of the policy. Unscheduled property is covered up to the policy maximum set for personal property destruction and scheduled property is set at sub-limit quantities of coverage.
What Personal Property is Covered?
With personal property coverage from HIS Insurance, you can protect the ensuing items:
- Furniture and appliances
- TVs, computers and electronic equipment
- Clothing, linen and drapes
- Flatware and cookware
- Watches, jewelry and other antiques
- Memorabilia and fine art
Personal property policies do not cover the following things:
- Any animals
- Automobiles, recreational vehicles or trucks
- The personal property of your tenant if you’re the proprietor
- The personal property of your landlord if you’re a occupant
Personal Property Insurance Protects Against
Most personal property policies guard against most of the same disasters. These are the most commonly seen:
- Damage from accidental smoke
- Gusts, hurricane and hail
- Aircraft or vehicles
- Vandalism and mischief
- Riot and civil unrest
- Building collapse
- Accidental water or steam seepage from appliances, plumbing systems and air conditioners
- Falling objects
- Frozen household appliances
Talk to HIS Insurance Today
Keep your valuable items safe with personal property insurance from HIS Insurance. You can call us today to receive a free quote!