Personal Property in Strasburg
What you keep in your home is not simply just a bunch of “stuff”. Personal property insurance saves your most valued possessions in instances of fire, water or storm damage or theft. Property insurance is a great method for protecting your items, we also recommend keeping records on your own. It’s wise to take pictures and store records from the valuables you want insured. There are two particular ways that insurance can rescue you if your property or valuables are stolen or broken:
- Established cash worth: Belongings are typically covered at market value, which in simple terms, means emergency cost minus devaluation.
- Replacement cost coverage: Your insured personal affects will be covered for what it would cost to purchase the items new at the time of the claim.
Personal property insurance is generally limited to 70 or 80 percent of the amount of the policy. Unscheduled property is covered up to the policy limit set for personal property harm and scheduled property is set at sub-limit amounts of coverage.
What Does Personal Property Insurance Cover?
With personal property coverage through HIS Insurance, you can protect the following goods:
- Furniture and appliances
- Television sets, computers and electronic equipment
- Clothing, linen and draperies
- Flatware and utensils
- Watches, jewelry and other heirlooms
- Keepsakes and fine art
Personal property policies do not cover the following items:
- Any animals
- Automobiles, leisure vehicles and trucks
- The personal property of your occupant if you’re the proprietor
- The personal property of your licensee if you’re a occupant
Your Property is Protected
Most personal property policies guard against similar types of disasters. These are the most typically seen:
- Damage from accidental smoke
- Gusts, hurricane and hail
- Aircraft and vehicles
- Vandalism and malice
- Riot and civil conflict
- Building wreckage
- Accidental water or steam discharge from appliances, plumbing systems and air conditioners
- Falling articles
- Frozen household appliances
Talk to HIS Insurance Today
Keep your valuable items safe with personal property insurance from HIS Insurance. You can call us today to receive a free quote!