Harrisonburg Personal Property Coverage
- Established cash equivalent: Belongings are typically covered at market value, which essentially means replacement cost minus reduction.
- Replacement cost coverage: Your insured personal affects will be protected for what you would pay to buy the items new at the time of the claim.
Personal property insurance is generally limited to 70 or 80 percent of the sum of the policy. Unscheduled property is covered up to the policy limit set for personal property damage and scheduled property is set at sub-limit sums of coverage.
What Personal Property Gets Coverage?
With personal property policies through HIS Insurance, you can protect the succeeding things:
- Funishings and appliances
- TVs, laptops and electronic equipment
- Clothing, linen and other fabrics
- dinnerware and cookware
- Watches, jewelry and other antiques
- Memorabilia and fine art
Personal property insurance will not cover the following things:
- Any pets
- Automobiles, leisure vehicles or trucks
- The personal property of your renter if you’re the property owner
- The personal property of your landholder if you’re a occupant
Stay Safe from Disaster
Most personal property policies protect against similar types of disasters. These are the most commonly seen:
- Smoke damage
- Gusts, hurricane and hail
- Aircraft or vehicles
- Damage and malice
- Riot and civil conflict
- Building wreckage
- Accidental water or steam seepage from appliances, plumbing systems and air conditioners
- Falling objects
- Frozen household appliances
Chat with Us Today
Keep your valuable items safe with personal property insurance from HIS Insurance. You can call us today to receive a free quote!