Personal Property in Winchester, Va
- Actual cash equivalent: Belongings are generally at market value, which essentially means replacement cost minus depreciation.
- Replacement cost coverage: Your insured personal property will be covered for the amount you would pay to buy a brand new replacement item.
Personal property coverage is generally limited to 70 or 80 percent of the amount of the policy. Unscheduled property is covered up to the policy maximum set for personal property damage and scheduled property is set at sub-limit quantities of coverage.
What Personal Property is Covered?
With personal property policies from HIS Insurance, you can protect the following goods:
- Funishings and appliances
- Television sets, computers and electronic equipment
- Clothing, linen and other fabrics
- Flatware and cookware
- Watches, jewelry and other valuables
- Collectables and fine art
Personal property insurance will not protect the following goods:
- Any pets
- Automobiles, recreational vehicles or trucks
- The personal property of your renter if you’re the landlord
- The personal property of your landlord if you’re a tenant
Your Items are Protected
Personal property policies from HIS Insurance protect against similar types of disasters. The following are the most commonly seen:
- Smoke damage
- Wind, hurricane and hail
- Aircraft or vehicles
- Destruction and mischief
- Riot and civil discontent
- Building downfall
- Accidental water or steam seepage from appliances, plumbing systems and air conditioners
- Falling articles
- Frozen household appliances
Talk to HIS Insurance Today
Keep your valuable items safe with personal property insurance from HIS Insurance. You can call us today to receive a free quote!