Insurance Coverage for Your Possessions in Woodstock
Your home accommodates so much more than just furniture and appliances, it’s full of special items that are important to you. HIS Insurance property coverage guards your favorite possessions in instances of fire, water or storm damage or burglary. Property insurance is a great way to protect your valuables, but we suggest keeping records of your own. It’s smart to snap pictures and hold onto receipts from the items you want insured. There are two different ways that coverage can rescue you if your possessions or valuables are taken or damaged:
- Actual cash value: Belongings are normally at market value, which essentially means replacement cost minus devaluation.
- Replacement cost coverage: Your insured personal affects will be protected for what you would pay to acquire a brand new replacement item.
Personal property coverage is typically restricted to 70 or 80 percent of the amount of the policy. Unscheduled property is covered up to the policy maximum set for personal property damage and scheduled property is set at sub-limit sums of coverage.
Which of My Items get Coverage?
With personal property insurance through HIS Insurance, you can defend the following items:
- Funishings and appliances
- Television sets, computers and other electronics
- Clothing, linen and drapes
- dinnerware and utensils
- Watches, jewelry and other antiques
- Memorabilia and fine art
Personal property insurance will not protect the following goods:
- Any pets
- Automobiles, recreational vehicles or trucks
- The personal property of your occupant if you’re the landlord
- The personal property of your licensee if you’re a tenant
Stay Safe from Disaster
Most personal property policies protect against similar types of damage. The following are the most typically seen:
- Damage from accidental smoke
- Gusts, tropical storms and hail
- Aircraft or vehicles
- Destruction and malice
- Riot and civil unrest
- Building collapse
- Accidental water or steam discharge from appliances, plumbing systems and air conditioners
- Falling articles
- Frozen household appliances
Chat with HIS Insurance Today
Keep your valuable items safe with personal property insurance from HIS Insurance in Woodstock Va. You can call us today to obtain a free personal property insurance quote or peruse our website to learn more about all our wide-ranging assortment of policy offers.
Areas we serve