Protect Your Property in Winchester
What you have inside your house is not simply just a bunch of “stuff”. Personal property insurance protects your most expensive possessions in instances of fire, water or storm damage or burglary. Property insurance is an effective method for protecting your valuables, but we recommend maintaining documentation on your own. It’s smart to take pictures and hold onto receipts of the items you want insured. There are two particular ways that coverage can help you if your property or expensive items are stolen or broken:
- Real cash worth: Belongings are typically covered at market value, which essentially means replacement cost minus devaluation.
- Replacement cost coverage: Your insured personal affects will be protected for what you would pay to buy the items new at the time of the claim.
Personal property coverage is most often limited to 70 or 80 percent of the sum of the policy. Unscheduled property is covered up to the policy maximum set for personal property damage and scheduled property is set at sub-limit quantities of coverage.
Which of My Things are Covered?
With personal property coverage with HIS Insurance, you can protect the ensuing goods:
- Furniture and appliances
- Television sets, laptops and electronic equipment
- Clothing, linen and other fabrics
- Silverware and utensils
- Watches, jewelry and other heirlooms
- Collectables and fine art
Personal property insurance will not cover the following goods:
- Any pets
- Automobiles, recreational vehicles and trucks
- The personal property of your occupant if you’re the proprietor
- The personal property of your landlord if you’re a resident
Your Items are Safe
Personal property policies from HIS Insurance guard against most of the same disasters. The following are the most commonly seen:
- Damage from accidental smoke
- Gusts, tropical storms and hail
- Aircraft and vehicles
- Damage and disrupt
- Riot and civil discontent
- Building wreckage
- Accidental water or steam seepage from appliances, plumbing systems and air conditioners
- Falling objects
- Frozen household appliances
Call Us Today
Keep your prized possessions safe with personal property insurance from HIS Insurance in Winchester Va. You can call us today to obtain a free personal property insurance quote or peruse our website to learn more about all our extensive assortment of policy offers.
Areas we serve