Warrenton Personal Property Insurance
There is more to your home than just your tangible items. Inside every house is a treasure trove of special and nostalgic items. Personal property insurance saves your favorite possessions in cases of natural disaster or robbery. Property insurance is an effective method for guarding your items, we also recommend maintaining documentation of your own. It’s smart to take pictures and store records from any valuables you want covered. There are two specialized ways that coverage can help you if your possessions or valuables are burgled or damaged:
- Actual cash worth: Belongings are typically covered at market value, which in simple terms, means replacement cost minus depreciation.
- Replacement cost coverage: Your insured personal items will be secured for what you would pay to buy the items new at the time of the claim.
Personal property coverage is typically limited to 70 or 80 percent of the amount of the policy. Unscheduled property is covered up to the policy limit set for personal property damage and scheduled property is set at sub-limit quantities of coverage.
What Personal Property Gets Coverage?
With personal property insurance from HIS Insurance, you can protect the ensuing things:
- Furniture and appliances
- Television sets, desktops and other electronics
- Clothing, linen and drapes
- Utensils and cookware
- Watches, jewelry and other antiques
- Memorabilia and fine art
Personal property policies do not include the following items:
- Any animals
- Automobiles, leisure vehicles and trucks
- The personal property of your renter if you’re the landlord
- The personal property of your landholder if you’re a occupant
Your Property is Protected
Personal property policies from HIS Insurance guard against most of the same disasters. These are the most commonly seen:
- Smoke damage
- Wind, hurricane and hail
- Aircraft and vehicles
- Vandalism and mischief
- Riot and civil discontent
- Building wreckage
- Accidental water or steam seepage from appliances, plumbing systems and air conditioners
- Falling objects
- Frozen household appliances
Contact Us Today
Keep your precious treasures safe with private property insurance from HIS Insurance in Warrenton Va. You can call us today to receive a free personal property insurance quote or visit our website to learn more about all our wide-ranging selection of policy offers.
Areas we serve