Personal Property in Berryville
What you have inside your house is not simply just a bunch of “stuff”. Personal property insurance saves your most expensive possessions in cases of natural disaster or burglary. Property insurance is a great way to guard your items, but we recommend maintaining records of your own. It’s smart to snap photographs and save records of any valuables you want covered. There are two different ways that coverage can help you if your possessions or expensive items are stolen or damaged:
- Actual cash equivalent: Belongings are generally at market value, which in simple terms, means emergency cost minus devaluation.
- Replacement cost coverage: Your insured personal items will be protected for what you would pay to purchase the items new at the time of the claim.
Personal property coverage is most often limited to 70 or 80 percent of the sum of the policy. Unscheduled property is covered up to the policy limit set for personal property harm and scheduled property is set at sub-limit amounts of coverage.
What is Covered?
With personal property policies with HIS Insurance, you can protect the following goods:
- Funishings and appliances
- Television sets, laptops and other electronics
- Clothing, linen and drapes
- Flatware and utensils
- Watches, jewelry and other valuables
- Keepsakes and fine art
Personal property policies do not protect the following items:
- Any animals
- Automobiles, recreational vehicles or trucks
- The personal property of your occupant if you’re the property owner
- The personal property of your licensee if you’re a tenant
Personal Property Insurance Protects You
Most personal property policies guard against most of the same damage. The following are the most commonly seen:
- Damage from accidental smoke
- Wind, hurricane and hail
- Aircraft or vehicles
- Damage and malice
- Riot and civil conflict
- Building downfall
- Accidental water or steam discharge from appliances, plumbing systems and air conditioners
- Falling objects
- Frozen household appliances
Talk to HIS Insurance Today
Keep your valuable items safe with personal property insurance from HIS Insurance in Berryville Va. You can call us today to obtain a free personal property insurance quote or go to our website to learn more about all our wide-ranging selection of policy offers.
Areas we serve